Join us on this page for the latest information. WELCOME!
April/May Youth Announcements
- EASTERJAM2020 Family Activities. There are a lot of good videos on this page for youth of different age groups; we encourage you to take a look at them and share them with your entire family. God’s blessings to you, and Happy Easter! Click here for more information.
- Mother’s Day Flower Sale is still on. Support Missions and enjoy some beautiful flowers! See insert for order form and details. Note the information highlighted in yellow, if we are still under quarantine. Questions, contact Laurie Pecuch at 614-620-2669. Click here to get a printable version of the order form.
- YOUTH GROUPS are meeting weekly through a virtual meeting app call GoToMeeting. Text Laurie at 614-620-2669 to get your GoToMeeting id # for Children’s Connection, Explorers, Energizers, Confirmation Sunday School, High School Sunday School, and High School IQA! We hope you can join us! It’s always great to see you! Diana, Laurie, and Gary
- The Grad Sunday Celebration for upcoming high school seniors is going to be moved to a later date when we can all come to church and celebrate and pray over our high school seniors! We are so proud of the class of 2020! Looking forward to blessing them as soon as we can!
- If you would like to recognize your post-high graduate, from a school of higher learning, in an upcoming news note (bulletin, Eagle), please send the following information to Diana Imbrock at firstname.lastname@example.org: student’s name, name of school, degree, and major.
- Parents of 6th Graders: It’s time to start thinking about confirmation for your son or daughter. Confirmation begins in August of a student’s 7th grade year. If you plan on your son or daughter joining the catechism program, please get your email address to Gary Pecuch. He has some “save-the-date” information for you. His email is email@example.com.
- Applications for the Lutheran College Tuition Grant for fall semester should be filed by May 15 with the church office. If you’re a member of St. John’s and attending a Lutheran affiliated school then your school likely offers a matching grant up to $500. Get your application from the church office.
- Every April, we are asked to reconnect to the Kroger Community Rewards Program. You can also join today! Once connected, every time you shop at Krogers and show your Kroger Plus card for discounts, Krogers gives back to the community! It costs you nothing and your St. John’s youth program benefits. You can reconnect your card to St. John’s (or join the program) at https://www.kroger.com/communityrewards. St. John’s code number for the Kroger Rewards Program is EY530.
- SCRIP GIFT CARD UPDATE: During our at-home-stay, we will not be ordering physical cards from SCRIP. But you can order SCRIP on-line! Talk to Pam Wittenberg or Gary Pecuch on how to order on-line and/or put more monies on an existing SCRIP card. The first Tuesday of the month that we’re not on a stay-at-home order, we will be back on for ordering physical SCRIP CARDS. In the meantime, consider ordering SCRIP on-line!
- Use AmazonSmile and they will give back .05% of your order to St. John’s! AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service. When you use AmazonSmile, the church will receive .05% of what you order on selected Amazon items. Start shopping at smile.amazon.com and link up to St. John’s. On your first visit to AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), you will be prompted to select a charitable organization from a list of eligible organizations. We are listed as: St Johns Evangelical Lutheran Church. Contact Gary at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance in linking your Amazon orders to St. John’s. Thank you!