Join us on this page for the latest information. WELCOME!
INTRODUCING SUMMER 2020!
Our summer ministry to youth and families will kick-off on June 7th with a CELEBRATING STUDENTS Event. Students, grades K – 12, are invited to ride with their families through the church parking lot and receive gift bags and notes written to them from members of our church. Graduating seniors will receive a prayer shawl made by members of St. John’s.
Upon request, FAMILY FAITH BOXES are being delivered to members’ homes the first week of June, July, and August. These boxes will have weekly devotions, family fun, and hands-on activities that the family can do together. Families can also request an extra box to share with their neighbor. Special videos will be posted on the church (private) Facebook page to introduce the monthly box. Families are encouraged throughout the month to post pictures and comments about their experience.
Helping parents this summer, we are sending out emails on PARENT RESOURCES. For youth, we will be starting CONNEX groups for grades 7 – 8, and 9 – 12. CONNEX is a weekly virtual time, on Zoom, for connecting and encouraging each other.
For more Summer 2020 details, email Laurie at email@example.com!
- YOUTH GROUPS are meeting weekly through a virtual meeting app call GoToMeeting. Text Laurie at 614-620-2669 to get your GoToMeeting id # for Children’s Connection, Explorers, Energizers, Confirmation Sunday School, High School Sunday School, and High School IQA! We hope you can join us! It’s always great to see you! Diana, Laurie, and Gary
- The Grad Sunday Celebration for upcoming high school seniors is going to be moved to a later date when we can all come to church and celebrate and pray over our high school seniors! We are so proud of the class of 2020! Looking forward to blessing them as soon as we can!
- If you would like to recognize your post-high graduate, from a school of higher learning, in an upcoming news note (bulletin, Eagle), please send the following information to Diana Imbrock at firstname.lastname@example.org: student’s name, name of school, degree, and major.
- Parents of 6th Graders: It’s time to start thinking about confirmation for your son or daughter. Confirmation begins in August of a student’s 7th grade year. If you plan on your son or daughter joining the catechism program, please get your email address to Gary Pecuch. He has some “save-the-date” information for you. His email is email@example.com.
- SCRIP GIFT CARD UPDATE: During our at-home-stay, we will not be ordering physical cards from SCRIP. But you can order SCRIP on-line! Talk to Pam Wittenberg or Gary Pecuch on how to order on-line and/or put more monies on an existing SCRIP card. The first Tuesday of the month that we’re not on a stay-at-home order, we will be back on for ordering physical SCRIP CARDS. In the meantime, consider ordering SCRIP on-line!
- Use AmazonSmile and they will give back .05% of your order to St. John’s! AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service. When you use AmazonSmile, the church will receive .05% of what you order on selected Amazon items. Start shopping at smile.amazon.com and link up to St. John’s. On your first visit to AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), you will be prompted to select a charitable organization from a list of eligible organizations. We are listed as: St Johns Evangelical Lutheran Church. Contact Gary at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance in linking your Amazon orders to St. John’s. Thank you!