[x_custom_headline type=”left” level=”h1″ looks_like=”h1″]The Living Water [/x_custom_headline]
A great gift of our Lord is the chance to drink deep from His living water. Reading the Word of God on a consistent basis is at the heart of our faithful obedience as followers of Jesus. We read His word to know Him better. And yet, for so many, this is a challenging task. Daily readings get lost in the shuffle of life.[x_custom_headline type=”left” level=”h2″ looks_like=”h3″]Drops From the Well[/x_custom_headline]
Welcome to Drops from the Well. Utilizing the readings from Sunday morning, Drops from the Well can be delivered to your phone (US phone numbers only) via a text message or to your email inbox. More than a verse-a-day, Drops from the Well focuses on sending out one key point or Gospel kernel with the hopes that you read and reflect on that drop each day of the week. Every morning at the breakfast table, pray this “drop” together as a family. Every night around the dinner table, use the “drop” as the lens through which you recap your day. You can share highs and lows around this verse, talk about a mistake you made and the way the Living Water, even in this little “drop,” helped you through. To subscribe to receive this weekly text message, text “@dropswell” to 81010. Alternatively, to sign up to receive a weekly email, please visit: Drops From the Well.
[x_blockquote cite=”John 4:14″ type=”right”] “Whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” [/x_blockquote]
[x_custom_headline type=”left” level=”h2″ looks_like=”h3″]Drops in Focus[/x_custom_headline]
As with most things, version 2.0 builds upon the initial idea and makes it better. We would like to introduce you to Drops in Focus. The concept is similar, but the fruit is much riper. Perhaps you, like many, receive numerous text messages throughout the week. It doesn’t take long for Drops from the Well to become buried under a long list of other messages. Our team continued to dream of ways to keep the Word right under our noses. Drops in Focus utilizes the same technology, but instead of sending the verse in a “text,” it is delivered to your phone in a picture image each week. The goal is to save this image to your phone and set it as your lock screen image. This allows you to turn your cell phone into a tool for discipleship. We would like to invite you to join us on this journey as Drops from the Living Water come into the focus of our lives. To subscribe to receive this weekly text message, text “@dropsfocus” to 81010. Alternatively, to sign up to receive a weekly email, please visit: Drops In Focus.
[x_custom_headline type=”left” level=”h2″ looks_like=”h3″]Tap Into Drops[/x_custom_headline]
- Delivered to your phone or email inbox, you can now share a “drop” of Scripture around the breakfast table as a launch pad into your day.
- Use this “drop,” which may have been the focus of the sermon you just heard on Sunday morning, to ask questions about worship and the sermon and to live into applying the “drop” to your day.
- Use this “drop” in Lectio Divina. The steps are: 1) Lectio – reading; 2) Meditatio – reflection; 3) Oratio – response; 4) Contemplatio – rest.
- Use this “drop” as the second step in Faith5. Those steps are: 1) Share; 2) Read; 3) Talk; 4) Pray; 5) Bless. For more information – please visit: Faith5.
- Turn the “drop” into your prayer.
- Sent the alarm on your phone to ring at a 4:14 PM Eastern each day (a reference to the general theme verse of John 4:14). When the alarm goes off, read the week’s “drop” again, as the entire NALC gathers to read Scripture and pray together at the same time every day.
[share title=”Share this Post” facebook=”true” twitter=”true” google_plus=”true” linkedin=”true” pinterest=”true” reddit=”true” email=”true”]
[prompt type=”left” title=”Do You Like This Post?” message=”Get access to more content like this!” button_text=”Subscribe Now” href=”//www.stjohnsgc.org/members/add-existing-member”]
[column type=”1/2″][recent_posts count=”1″ orientation=”vertical”][/column][column type=”1/4″][recent_posts count=”2″ orientation=”vertical” offset=”1″][/column][column type=”1/4″ last=”true”][recent_posts count=”2″ orientation=”vertical” offset=”3″][/column][clear]